Reports und Whitepaper
- Type: Whitepaper
- Topics: Security; Smart Buildings; Networked Av Systems; Control Systems;
- Date: April 2016
The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the most talked-about technologies influencing organizations today. But the pro AV industry has a special relationship with the IoT, dating back decades to when network ports started appearing on AV devices and enabling a new paradigm of management, control and insight. Pro AV and the Internet of Things acknowledges the AV industry’s roots in the evolution of the IoT and offers a primer for AV professionals seeking to capitalize on new IoT opportunities going forward.
What is the IoT?
Technologies Behind the IoT
- New IP Standard
- Supporting Network Essentials
- Big Data
- Mandatory Security
What Does the IoT Mean for Pro AV?
- Smart Buildings
- Digital Signage
- Managed Services
- Smart Conference Rooms
- Mobile AV
Challenges Incorporating the IoT in Pro AV
- Distributed Control
- Strategy and Planning
- Richard Blackwell, President, Linked2
- Michael Colburn, CTS®-D, Associate, CallisonRTKL
- Gary Hall, CTS-D, CTS-I, Chief Technology Officer, Federal Defense, Cisco Systems
- Daniel Jackson, Manager, Research and Development, Crestron Electronics
- Shane Long, CTS-D, PMP, Principal, Waveguide Consulting
Download the White Paper
The AVIXA white paper, Pro AV and the Internet of Things, is free to download in PDF format.
Download the PDF